The Cooks Oasis Holiday Villas is a self-catering property in Arorangi, located on the western side of the main island of Rarotonga, on the beach side of the road and less than 15 minutes’ drive away from the airport and main town of Avarua.
This is the sunny, sheltered side of the island where you are just 60 steps from your villa to the white sandy beach and clear turquoise coral lagoon, perfect for swimming, sunbathing, relaxing and maybe watching the whales cruise by. For some family fun, try out our complementary kayaks or snorkeling gear and view the magnificent array of tropical fish. Later in the day, enjoy watching a unique, spectacular Rarotongan sunset.
We offer one of the finest accommodation values on Rarotonga with 8 individual, stylish Pacific inspired, self-catering villas nestled within tropical gardens. Whether you want to self-cater or enjoy eating out, you will find within walking distance from the Villas, small shops for basic food supplies as well as 6 restaurants serving fine cuisine mainly from locally sourced produce. A liquor outlet with snacks and fresh fruit stall is just across the road.
We are a family owned and operated business, offering personalised hospitality for a great holiday at The Cooks Oasis, and Rarotonga.
We look forward to seeing you at The Cooks Oasis Holiday Villas.
Complimentary equipment and facilities:
* Fresh water cool-off pool, sun loungers
* Barbeque area
* Snorkeling equipment
* Reef shoes
* Beach towels
Other facilities include:
* Guest telephone (for free local calls)
* Guest laundry (small charge)
* On-site family owner / managers
* Daily orientation for new guests
* Tour desk, we can assist with all your booking requirements
* Room servicing Tuesdays and Fridays
* WIFI available (250MB = $25)
* Well appointed self - catering Villas
* In room electronic laptop safes
Each villa has views, from the volcanic hill tops covered by lush tropical, dense forests to the serene tropical gardens within the property. Frangipani, Orchid, and Hibiscus, are just some of the beautiful flowering Pacific flowers and shrubs surrounding the villas.
Our 8 Villas provide appliances for self-catering to prepare your own meals or you may dine out. There is a fantastic array of restaurants close by with over 50 more to discover around the island.
All 8 villas have just been recently refurbished are well appointed in a stylish Pacific inspired theme and include the following:
* Super king beds
* Dining suite
* Lounge chair/sofa
* Kitchenette with electric hob and Microwave
* Fridge (with freezer compartment or separate freezer space)
* Electric jug, toaster, coffee plunger, cooking equipment, well supplied utensils, crockery, and other kitchen equipment.
* Complementary tea, coffee, sugar, salt and pepper are supplied.
* Hair dryer
* Complimentary toiletries
* Ceiling fans
* Air-conditioning (optional extra, not available in Studio Villa)
* Cot in room on request ($5 per night)
* Flat screen TV, DVD player, and Clock radio
* Electronic laptop safes
Note: Our newly refurbished spacious 2 Bedroom Villa also includes full kitchen facilities with oven, dishwasher, and large fridge/freezer. A generous outdoor table setting is located on the spacious deck surrounding the villa.
8.30am- 3.00pm Monday-Friday and 10.00am - 12.00pm Saturday. Closed on Sundays.
On-site car parking
•All pricing is in New Zealand dollars and includes VAT. Check exchange rates here http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
•To confirm and secure your booking we require a deposit of 25% paid within 24 hours to hold booking. Payable by VISA or MASTERCARD. Please note, credit card payments incur an added credit card surcharge of 4%.
•Balance payable 30 days prior to arrival, payable by VISA or MASTERCARD. Please add 4% for credit card payments. Alternatively you can pay by bank transfer, ask us for details.
•Please send by email or phone credit card details to confirm your booking, or enter direct via our secure booking site.
•Flight details are required to confirm the booking. Please provide all dates, flight no and times local to the Cook Islands. This ensures that the correct number of nights' accommodation are provided and that we are aware of your approx. check-in time.
•We also need to know the number of people travelling and bed requirements. Please also inform us children’s ages.
•Check in time: 2:00 pm
•Early check in from 6:00 am: 50% of the daily rate applies. Please contact us to arrange early check in.
•Check in prior to 6:00 am: full daily rate applies.
•Check out time: 10:00 am
•Please note that we are unable to guarantee specific villa requests.
* Greater than 30 days: Fully refundable minus the initial 25% deposit (plus any applicable finance fees)
* 30 days or less or "no show": Full charge, no refund.
* Group Bookings of 3 villas or more: 30-90 days full deposit non-refundable, 30 days or less or "no show": Full charge, no refund.
**We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance when booking your holiday**
Children are welcome.
Location / Distances
We are a great base to enjoy the activities that Rarotonga has to offer:
* Avarua Township and shopping center less than 15 minute drive.
* Avatiu wharf with its game fishing boats and yachts less than 10 minutes’ drive.
* Airport only a 10 minute drive.
* 9-hole golf course and tennis courts only minutes away.
Directions to Property
The car park is directly outside the arrivals area (you may want to pack a small torch to make life easier to find your car, and have NZ $2 handy in case you need to pay going out of the car park).
Once you have driven from the car park turn left onto the main road. If you reset your mileage at this point, follow the main road for 3.4 km. We are on the right hand side of the road, you will see the Cooks Oasis sign on the roadside. We are just past a restaurant called the Kikau Hut. Come down the shared driveway and we are about 50 m down on the right hand side. There is a parking area directly in front of our place. One of us will be up to meet you to show you to your rooms. If you get to the Sunset Resort you have gone too far on the main road! Lastly, in case you are not aware, the speed limit is 50 km : )
Click here for Google Maps